Pilates with Susan
I have always had an interest in fitness and movement sciences, especially running where I have competed at all distances including half and full marathon. However, when I broke my leg and ankle in a skiing accident, I was unable to run for many months. That is when I turned to Pilates as my main form of exercise, and as a way to rehabilitate my injured leg. After personally experiencing many of the benefits of Pilates including - increased flexibility and strength, improved posture and balance, back/neck pain management, increased core strength, stress management and an overall sense of well being – I was hooked, and decided to share my newfound enthusiasm and passion for Pilates with others by becoming an instructor.
For the past 15 years, my goal has been to provide each client with the best comprehensive workout they can achieve each session by explaining the how, why and where of each exercise – exactly how to execute the exercise, why we are doing this particular exercise, where you should be feeling the work.
I am excited to share my love of Pilates with others, and am dedicated to motivating my clients to improve their bodies and lives through exercise movement and the mind body connection.
As Joseph Pilates said, "Physical fitness is the first requisite to happiness."
Education and Certifications
- Balanced Body University Pilates Professional - 500 hours (CPI)
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), additional Senior and Women's Specialist certifications
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200), Yoga Alliance certified
- TheraPilates for Osteoporosis Certified
- Certified TRX Suspension Trainer
- Cardio Yoga Certification
- Barre Above Certified Instructor
- Mad Dog Spin Instructor and Keiser Indoor Cycling Certification